Wednesday, October 15, 2008

From Wisdom to Wonder



I've been looking at the wisdom of Solomon for the past week, I've shown how many people honored and gave solomon great gifts for his wisdom. I've explored the queen of Sheba and I will continue to search out the mysteries surrounding her participation in the bible. I've shown how the queen had poured out lavish gifts for the wisdom that she received from Solomon. Then I showed how Jesus answered the pharisees regarding queen Sheba and as He demonstrated His wisdom was made self evident.

The question that I received today is; what is more powerful then wisdom? And it leads me to this verse in Isaiah

Isaiah 29:14 (New International Version)

14 Therefore once more I will astound these people
with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."


I believe the church needs to desperately act in the realm of wisdom, there have been so many times where we've seen glimpses of wisdom but we want to see it in it's fullness. But beyond wisdom we need to see the Wonder. Not just the signs and wonders but the wonderment of mankind. Have we reduced God to a fluffy imaginary stuffed animal that we can hug when we need comforting. Or do we worship the Lord who is more mighty then a lion and yet gentle as a lamb. Do we see God in wonder?

I posted a picture of a cathedral in quebec that exemplifies the artistry in man to try to depict the vastness of God. Just walking into these old cathedrals brings a sense of wonder and awe. How do we in our plain box shaped, bad acoustic building resonate the awesomeness of God. Where is the majestic royal songs and artistry that cries out past all wisdom and understanding that the Lord of hosts is in this place?

The answer is in the building that God is preparing, You. Christ in me the hope of Glory!

Colossians 1:27 (New International Version)

27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.


Awesome God, have your heavenly way with me today. Fogive me for all my sins and release me to do Your will. Keep my mouth from speaking evil and keep my eyes on Jesus. All for Your glory forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment