Monday, October 13, 2008

A message from Jeff Deyo


I sang a song from Jeff Deyo "Surreneder" about 3 weeks ago. I was so impressed with the song I sent him an email thanking him for such an awesome song. He just sent me back an email that I would like to share with everyone.

Graham-

Hey man, thanks so much for your message! I never get tired of hearing about people leading our songs in churches around the world. I am so glad too that you tied it in so well with a "message" behind the song. It seems like a lot of worship leaders don't do that much, but I think that is the key to helping people get beyond loving their favorite songs to loving the God of the songs!

Thanks also for what you wrote on your blog. There isn't much said about surrender in church these days. We seem to be afraid that asking people to surrender will keep them from giving as much in the offering. I'm glad you dove right in!!!

I too hope we can meet sometime and that we might worship together. You may or may not know about our newest CD Unveil. There are a couple songs on there I'm sure will like. Check it out at www.jeffdeyo.com. And make sure you know about my podcast at www.youtube.com/jeffdeyopodcast. I share a new video about every 3-4 weeks about worship and such...

Thanks again for writing!

Blessings to you as you continue to serve the Kingdom!

Jeff Deyo

No comments:

Post a Comment