Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Message From Steve

Dear Friends,

IT has been 4 days of rain every day and power was out for 2 days so travel has been limited.
It has been a great adventure and a humbling one. Pastor Samuel at the PEFA church on the property asked me to speak and I spoke on the very last chapter of Matthew when Jesus spoke for the very last time to the 11 and gave them the Commission. I also spoke on forgiveness. I asked them if it was okay and I covered both my hands with olive oil and all the children and most of the adults came forward for anointing, healing and prayer. It was powerful as all of them knelt in the front of the Church and listened while I prayed.
Tears come easily and quickly. It is a great joy to see some of the kids that I met 2 years ago but there are MORE kids and so much more need. Most of the kids are fascinated by the big MZUNGU smile
This country has been mortally wounded by all the tribal violence that occurred at the beginning of this year. Many people had their homes burned to the ground and lost everything. Over 1500 people were brutally murdered because of their tribe.

I encouraged them that the Lord will restore Kenya. There is SO much poverty here but yet there is STILL some hope and much faith. The rest of the world needs to know and understand the great need here. While I understand that the need is in many places, this is the only personal account that I can give because I have seen it.

My plans have been altered slightly and I will be going back to Nairobi tomorrow instead of to Meru. Pastor Mugo was going to host me but needs to travel to see his son at the hospital where I was last week.

I await the Lords direction and purpose and I ask you all to please continue to pray for my protection and travelling mercies and favour of those that are hosting me and MOST important for my precious kids.

More news to follow from Nairobi in the next few days.

In HIS Service

Steve Beecroft

No comments:

Post a Comment